Friday, February 13, 2015

Vision behind photos

What I see in this photo............

This is not a photography blog exactly. But it is one of the points to be shared and discussed here.

I am not a professional photographer. An amateur one rather. Being an artist, how I see and what I see in any form of art is important as well..

Through social media, people have started sharing their skills. Photography is one of them. I am one of these people. Its a good and easy way to get more knowledge of the field of your interest. I see many photos everyday. I share there too. Some are brilliant. Some teaches how to take a better photo. Some teaches angles. Some teaches what functions of the camera are ideal for the particular type of photo. 

This all information is extremely important to learn photography and to be a good photographer, But sometimes some photos make me think other than this only. I just observe and try to identify the vision behind the particular photo, the story behind the photo. Though some photos are randomly clicked, but still they convey some very meaningful and interesting messages indirectly. And I just love to figure it out. I am not an expert in photography but still I am always eager to see and share such interesting clicks. Its true that it is difficult to know the vision behind the photo shared by others, but guessing it is also an interesting task. If I am catching any good view, I just do that. Sometimes I don't think about the vision or the possible story. But later on, when I go through all my clicks, and try to understand them. And it also happens when I focus on a particular object and get
a clear vision to catch that view. 

"What is there in the photo is what was there in your eyes" (I don't know if any other photographer has quoted something like this before.)  This can be for random clicks..

But for the click with a vision, let's modify the above line a little, "What is there in the photo is what was there in your mind"....

What I see in the photo is....

"Building Happiness"

Its a random click. On the way to somewhere, I clicked it. What we see in this photo is, two men, a half-done ride, a half-seen building behind, some clouds, some sky, some wooden made pillars. That is true also. I have captured these elements only. 

Then we see the caption or in other words, the title if provided. Here, the caption I have provided is, "Building Happiness". The caption is one of the most effective parts of any shared photo. After clicking this one, when I started post processing, I actually saw the photo and figured out what it was about or at least what my eyes saw and my mind had.


    "A small one is racing with a huge one"

In the above photo, I was supposed to capture "The huge one" only.. Gotcha?
And of course, how could I on the earth think of having an airplane and a bird in a same frame!!!!!
But it happened. And this image makes it very clear that it is a random one. So at that point of time, there was no clear vision. I just wanted to click a flying plane just for fun. But as an output, look what I got! And finally got the caption...

 "Reflection"

The caption "reflects" the vision. I was clicking reflections a few days back. And this is one of them. A steady bridge, lamps, and water without which it could not have been possible. (Of Course!) So it was clicked intentionally. And the vision was very clear, "Reflection".

"A Fisherman"

As the caption suggests, there is a fisherman and an Arabian sea. Specially love the way the sea water reflects. It is an intentionally clicked photo. One more thing I could think when I see the photo is, "A man at work" making my vision more clear..








No comments:

Post a Comment